This past weekend, I was at the wedding of a dear friend that I've known since middle school. It was absolutely beautiful and I got goosebumps during the ceremony, simply because she was marrying her high school sweetheart - how magnificently extraordinary is THAT in todays world? I kept thinking how things have changed but deep in essence, not really. Here we were, having separately all moved to various points around the US, back in good 'ole Troy, Michigan - celebrating together :) There will always be the friends that no matter how long it's been, they can still make you giggle like crazy until tears pour down your now "trying-to-be-adult-by-wearing-make-up" face.
Driving around Troy, there was this moment where I sat at an intersection and due to the changes of buildings and landscaping, I had a brief moment of panic, not knowing which way to turn to get back to the house. On the other hand, one evening after taking a walk with my dad, we walked into our backyard and I noticed the uneven grass due to the burrowing of groundhogs. Jokingly I remarked, "Looks like you're still battling!" Without missing a beat, Dad begrudgingly states, "What battle? They win."
I'm glad that some things never change :)
Yet I have definitely been ready for this new year of life: 26... for fairly obvious reasons (Morocco, Morocco, Morocco) I am incredibly excited! And even for the personal-not-blog-obvious reasons, let's just say I'm doubly EXCITED!!! for new days ahead! So here it goes... Its gonna be GREAT! Bring it. HA :)

No comments:
Post a Comment